We Are Hiring
Full Time , Day
Seton Administrative Offices - Austin , TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Grant Specialist for the Ascension Seton Family of Hospitals , you will have the opportunity to join a dedicated team of professionals and serve in a primary role for securing substantial philanthropic gifts from private foundations - all in support of the mission and strategic priorities of Ascension Texas. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and will work closely with other Grant and Development professionals on each of the following job responsibilities
- Assist with planning and implementing strategies for the foundation relations program , which focuses on private foundations
- Manage an active portfolio , including the identification , cultivation , solicitation , and stewardship of donor prospects
- Manage the grant submission process for private foundations from start to finish , including drafting compelling letters of intent and full proposals , developing timelines , and collaboratively producing interim and final impact reports
- Conduct prospect research on potential funders in existing and new markets , and vet / evaluate grant opportunities with colleagues
- Maintain appropriate electronic documentation on a timely basis , including proposal tracking , contact reports , and donor strategies
- Work closely with clinical and administration leaders , as well as with finance and program staff to ensure fundable proposal packages and impact reports
- Work collaboratively , proactively , and in a professional , service-oriented manner with all Development officers and team members
- Prepare , administer , coordinate , and track major grants and/or contracts
- Negotiate and review grant and/or contract provisions with potential partners
- Establish protocol based budgets while monitoring payment and billing processes
- Monitor operating statements , investigate variances , and make corrections as required
- Develop systems and structures to support efficient operations while ensuring compliance with all regulatory expectations and customer needs
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Graduate level or professional degree
- 3 years in grant development and writing experience for a large non-profit organization
- Excellent verbal , written , and interpersonal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively , work well under pressure , and manage details of several concurrent projects
- Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented and highly collaborative environment
- Travel regionally to visit prospects and donors ; capable of working independently
- Work with professionalism and integrity in accordance with Ascension Seton’s value
- Work with research universities , academic medical centers , and/or major healthcare systems
- Four or more years of increasingly responsible experience in grant-development fundraising , and success with six and seven-figure proposals or higher
- Experience working in a large-scale Development operation
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge software or similar CRM system
- Credentialing as a Grant Professional certified by the Grant Professionals Certification Institute
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.