We Are Hiring
Come Join Our Team!
We are currently looking for a Director of Surgical Services to join our team. Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
This well-recognized, 311-bed facility provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient surgical services, including but not limited to: General, Robotics, Gynecology, Orthopedic, Podiatry, Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Bariatrics, PV, Plastics, Neuro. Ascension St. Vincent’s Southside, boasts 4 Joint Commission designations as a Center for Orthopedic Excellence and we are Center of Excellence for Robotic surgery.
Reporting to the Vice President of Nursing, the Director of Surgical Services will oversee all aspects of the Operating Rooms, including Sterile Processing. The Director will lead a talented team of healthcare professionals, and will handle hiring, scheduling, and evaluating surgical services staff. To plan and coordinate with staff, the Surgical Services Director must have strong interpersonal intercommunication skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of personality types and learning styles.
As Director, you will have the opportunity to direct the development and implementation of policies, procedures and strategies for Surgical Services.
- Develops departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Plans, organizes and directs all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares budgets and ensures compliance with allocated funding. Coordinate and directs internal/external audits.
- Directs and evaluates all clinical activities, including care plan development, service level determination, and complaint management to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Works collaboratively with physicians, administration and directors to develop streamlined operations where equipment, supplies and staff are utilized efficiently and resourcefully.
- Removes obstacles to achieving clinical quality, service excellence and financial effectiveness targets.
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Preferred Credential(s):
- ACLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 plus years Director or Manager experience in a hospital setting.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience.
- Current management experience in an Operating Room highly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)