We Are Hiring
VP-Nursing - STMARY Admn Ministry Hlth Care - Full-Time,Day - WIAPP 2251 N Shore Dr - Rhinelander,WI,
Eagle River Hospital
Howard Young Medical Center
Sacred Heart Hospital
Saint Mary’s Hospital
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Develops strategies to align with the mission, vision and values of the organization. Provides oversight for areas of responsibility to ensure achievement of goals for the department(s).
- Provides leadership to management within areas of responsibility.
- Oversees the development and continuous improvement of services, policies, processes, and programs.
- Formulates and implements operational strategies and initiatives.
- Oversees operations, budget, financial targets, and human resources management.
- Works collaboratively with medical staff; solicits their issues, concerns and/or opportunities for improved patient care, unit wellness and service growth.
- Provides leadership related to staffing and performance standards, job classifications and compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Obtain/maintain knowledge of innovations and trends in practice and technology, and is a champion for change to enhance quality, improve efficiency, increase volumes and to maximize patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Develops and implements initiatives which promote a culture of service excellence. Looks for opportunities to continually improve the patient's experience. Meets the patient satisfaction metrics as defined within Ascension Wisconsin strategic plan. Assures timely and effective follow-up to all patient/family concerns related to health care services provided within areas of responsibility.
- Coordinates financial management within respective areas of responsibility, including the development of annual budgets, variance analysis and monthly financial reports; develops annual capital budgets and cost benefit analysis for new and/or expanding programs and services.
- Monitors overall productivity of respective areas of responsibility; improved productivity through consolidation of activities, delegation of functions, and/or implements alternatives in skill mix while ensuring competency of the care/services providers and without negatively impacting the quality of care/service.
- Participates in the development of short and long term strategic planning objectives which will ensure the continued growth in areas of responsibility and region and the provision of necessary services to the community; implements plans as approved.
- Ensures effective support environment for Student Clinical Programs and other student experiences; Interfaces with area school districts, technical schools, and colleges to foster interest in medical related careers.
- Ensures consistent adherence to all Human Resources standards, policies, procedures and systems; participates in and supports programs which result in increased motivation and effectiveness of management and staff; delegates the daily management of such programs to appropriate management/supervisory staff.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure from the Wisconsin Board of Nursing OR current home state license if considered multi-state/Compact State.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Nurse Executive credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Nurse Executive credentialed from the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (AACN).
- 5 years of experience required. 10 years of experience preferred. 2 years of leadership or management experience required. 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement