We Are Hiring
Patient Care Technician (PCT) – 6 South Medical Surgical - Pulmonary
- Location: St. Vincent Main Campus, Evansville, IN
- Part Time (48 hours biweekly)
- Shift: Nights (12 hour shifts)
- Weekends: Every third weekend
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
Why Join Ascension St. Vincent?
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than a place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind, and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- A Passionate Team: Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect, and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage a diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
Ascension is Committed to Their Associates!
Upon joining the Ascension St. Vincent team, associates have a large variety of opportunities available to them.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement within the organization.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options including medical, dental, vision insurance and retirement plans. Associates can also take advantage of other great options like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
At St. Vincent, you will have the most innovative tools and procedures to give our patients the absolute best care. This is a FUN and collaborative team environment working to promote the best plan of care for each patient.
If you’re looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Perform basic clinical and non-clinical patient care activities under supervision in assigned area.
- Aids with entry and exit of patients.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff. Documents necessary records.
- Responsible for keeping patient rooms clean and orderly as well as maintaining medical equipment.
What You Will Need
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED required
- None required. 1 year patient care experience is preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)