We Are Hiring
Clinical Educator - Women's Services
Come join our team!!
Sacred Heart has the area's only Women's and Children's Hospital in Northwest Florida, and is the region's leader in providing high-quality healthcare to children and adults.
Come be a part of a compassionate, forward-thinking, and highly innovative team!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Educator - Women's Services Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to assess, plan, implement and evaluate educational activities related to clinical areas for an assigned service line or population.
- Collaborate on the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of clinical learning delivery, programs, and performance processes that support core clinical competency across the market.
- Steward exceptional, standardized, curriculum, content, and learning experiences for achievement of Quadruple Aim, scorecard goals, and reduction of clinical variation.
- Empower, promote, and maintain a healing and caring environment that values all relationships.
- Serve on specialty unit and organizational committees, councils, and teams, as well as participates in professional organizations.
- Identify, translate, and communicate clinical professional development needs and information from system, specialty, and unit groups.
- Engage with care providers and unit leadership teams to identify and establish best practices to support the Quadruple Aim.
- Partner with managers, and key stakeholders to support development and deployment of clinical performance and professional competency solutions.
- Serve as a program educator for design and delivery of Clinical Professional Development programs to meet organization goals through National and Regional competency alignment and clinical program delivery.
- Align performance and competency standards for interprofessional programs to support practice at the highest extent of licensure.
- Serve as a resource for staff in areas of program development, clinical practice, and clinical professional development.
- Deliver learning programs to meet nursing, allied health, and pharmacy education competency standards.
- Participate in the coordination and continuity of onboarding, orientation, fellowship, and preceptor programs.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to inform the design of effective clinical learning programs, design curriculum competency access, and empower standard behavior expectations of care providers.
- Influence the alignment of clinical competency requirements across Markets and work streams to support the elimination of education disparities across the organization.
What You Will Need
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Current state of Florida license required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor Level Degree
- Master’s Level Degree or a candidate who is currently enrolled in a Master's program in relevant field is preferred.
Minimum 3 years of clinical experience with inpatient Mother/Baby, High Risk OB, or Labor and Delivery nursing preferred
Experience with clinical professional development activities such as onboarding, unit rounding/in-services, presentations/lecturing, simulation, competency assessment, supporting regulatory required education, and evaluating outcomes preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)