We Are Hiring
Athletic Trainer - Sports Medicine - PRN Rotating - Amsterdam Memorial Campus - Amsterdam, NY
Will vary based on season. Busy seasons will allow for more hours.
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital -NY, you will have the opportunity to assess injuries and manages comprehensive treatment programs to prevent injury and rehabilitate athletes.
- Develops conditioning programs for injured and non-injured athletes to ensure safety in the program design incorporating nutrition plans and schedules customized to meet individual athlete needs.
- Designs and implements comprehensive training or rehabilitation programs to prevent injury and illness among athletes.
- Evaluates and manages injuries. Maintains medical documentation on each athlete and acts as a liaison between the physician and the athlete.
- Prepares athletes for practice or competition based on team schedules, applicable regulations and guidelines, and in conjunction with physician and sports performance staff.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Athletic Trainer credentialed from the National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Athletic Trainer credentialed from the New York Committee of Athletic Trainers obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in Athletic Training
- BOC Certification
- NYS Athletic Training License
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.