We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Alcohol Dependency 002 - Part-Time,Rotating - Ascension Brighton Center For Recover-34003 - Brighton,MI
24 hour a week. Which includes every other weekend and every other holidays.
This is a collective bargaining agreement union position.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to substance abuse patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Use critical thinking skills and problem solving ability on a routine bases to facilitate safe and efficient operations for the patient care experience.
- Identify and prioritize individualized needs based on assessment.
- Initiate and implement a written plan of care by developing/choosing standards of care, defining interventions and developing patient outcomes.
- Collaborate with other caregivers to plan for appropriate discharge or transfer to appropriate level of care.
- Coordinate patients care to assure procedures, treatments, transfers, and/or referrals are completed in a timely manner, encompassing standards of clinical nursing practice and Brighton Hospital policies.
- Consistently perform nursing skills according to standards of clinical nursing practice, commencing with the assign unit and per Brighton Hospital policy and procedures.
- Guide Unit Techs in provision of care for assigned patients.
- Orientate and/or train new personnel as required.
- Participate in staff meetings, department QI activities, peer review and voluntary committees.
- Comply with all infection control and safety policies/procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to successfully pass medication competency examination and department specific competencies during orientation period.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with physicians, other PHMC associates, patients and families.
- Knowledgeable of the JCAHO standards as they apply to the ambulatory network.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required within 120 days of hire/transfer date.
- Must be certified or obtain CPI certification within 120 days of employment and maintain current certification thereafter required.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Michigan required.
- Associate Degree
- Associates degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of two (2) years work experience as a BSN, RN or LPN preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)