We Are Hiring
Develop statewide quality infrastructure and direct quality and patient safety activities and resources
Primary Activities and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of quality, risk and/or patient safety information
- Supervises the collection of data concerning injuries, complaints, claims, and/or other patient safety-related data
- Educate and train leadership, staff and physicians as to the quality and patient safety program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the program.
- Advise departments on designing quality improvement and patient safety initiatives, policies and protocols within their own departments
- Oversee the investigation and analysis of patterns and trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events, serious adverse events and near misses. Assist with identification and implementation of corrective action where appropriate
- Report all adverse events to appropriate regulatory and accrediting agencies as required. Partner with legal counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against Ascension
- Enhance Ascension and the larger healthcare community’s knowledge of quality improvement and safety best practices through literature review, interaction with internal and external resources, and knowledge of evolving relevant regulatory requirements
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Lean Six Sigma Master Blackbelt
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience
- 2 or more years of proven and progressive leadership or management experience
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution. PhD highly preferred
- 10 or more years of relevant work experience
- 5 or more years of proven and progressive leadership or management experience
- Experience working within both a healthcare and corporate setting highly preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to apply a consultancy approach, effectively managing expectations of stakeholders and clients
- Expert in healthcare delivery systems and performance improvement
- Strong knowledge of various quality improvement methodologies including LEAN and Six Sigma
- Skilled at working with all levels within an organization
- Aptitude to influence and negotiate when appropriate
- Ability to apply business knowledge into practical solutions based on business strategy or organizational changes
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Work hours may vary in length and schedule (may include a non-standard work week)
- 25% travel required
- Successful candidate will be based either in Jacksonville, FL or Pensacola, FL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension St. Vincent’s, based in Jacksonville, Florida, has served the people of Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia since 1873. It is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. From its humble beginning to its current status as a regional healthcare system, Ascension St. Vincent's is widely recognized for delivering quality, compassionate care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)