We Are Hiring
Director - Clinical Service Line- Imaging and Cardiopulmonary - FT Days - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As the Director of Clinical Service Line,Imaging and Cardiopulmonary, with St. Mary's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to lead the management of the service line, serves as the content expert, and coordinates the use of human and financial resources to ensure the service line(s) operate efficiently, effectively, safely and timely. Manages service line contracts and service agreements.
- Establishes market strategy, service offerings and clinical program.
- Evaluates, develops, and adapts the business processes of the clinical service line(s) to meet the ever changing healthcare environment and needs of patients and families.
- Responsible for programmatic growth, physician recruitment, alignment or acquisitions; the evaluation, development and adaptation of clinical/business processes for the service line.
- Facilitates a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and accountability across disciplines within the service line.
- Coordinates with physician leadership to identify clinical and non-clinical technology, software, and equipment needs in support of the service line.
- Partners with physician lead to implement clinical standards and programs; new programs and services, in an efficient/cost effective manner to provide a unified approach to care delivery.
- Develops and implements cost, Clinical Process Reliability (CPR), and efficiency plans. Identifies necessary resources for patient care and programmatic development.
- Collaborates with Population Health leaders to improve health outcomes within the community.
- Develops and markets expanded and/or new services in response to innovation, technology, strategic developments or compensation consistent with the goals of the clinical service.
- Partners with other key departments to develop short and long range strategic plans for the service, operating and capital budgets, and an integrated strategic and financial plan.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory, legal, reimbursement changes, and industry trends. Establishes appropriate database registries, certifications, and external benchmark reasons to deliver outstanding clinical care.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience in Clinical Service lines Radiology or Respiratory preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.