We Are Hiring
CNA Certified Nursing Assistant - Medical Surgical Swing
Wamego Health Center - Wamego, KS
Rotating shifts, days, and weeekends
Why Join Ascension?
Wamego Health Center is a 25-bed critical access hospital with a predominant outpatient clientele. Wamego is nestled in the beautiful Kansas flint hills between Manhattan and Topeka. We are a growing community and take great pride in providing quality care to our patients.
With completion of a recent expansion project the lab is now looking for a new associate to join our lab family. So, if you Love providing quality service to patients that will appreciate and love you back this is the place for you.
What Ascension Via Christi has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Ascension Via Christi offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Via Christi Health, you will have the opportunity to assist with patient care activities.
- Assists with procedures ordered by physician and supervised by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Accommodates patients with tending to personal care, activities of daily living and transfers/transport.
- Reports findings or changes in physical, mental and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms clean and orderly.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Aide credentialed from the Kansas Nurse Aide Registry.
- High School Diploma or GED or an active CNA Certification required.
- 1 year of hospital experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)