We Are Hiring
Paramedic - Emergency Department - Part-Time, Rotating Shifts, 24 hrs per week - St Vincent's East - Birmingham,AL (Trussville Area)
About the Job:
The Emergency Department Paramedic under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Physician provides direct care to patients needing emergency medical treatment. This is a very active Emergency Department, second busiest in the city!
- Performs urgent and emergent care procedures including EKGs, wound care, vital sign monitoring, IV initiation and codes.
- Monitors patient condition and performs data collection. Communicates findings and patient condition to primary Registered Nurse (RN).
- Maintains accurate documentation in accordance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists with the mobilization, ambulation and transport of patients.
- Triage-sorting of presenting patients
- Implement ED protocols.
- Provide triage to patients presenting via EMS with no available bed assignment.
- Assist with rapid response team calls in hospital
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Paramedic.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- International Trauma Life Support obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Education: High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or Associate degree, or Technical d degree required
- Work Experience: 2-5 years paramedic experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)