We Are Hiring
Health Information Management Analyst
Enterprise Identity Management
Full-Time, Day -
Regional Medical Lab - Tulsa, OK
Why Join Ascension?
St. John Health System, based in Tulsa, Oklahoma, was founded in 1926 by the Sisters of the Sorrowful Mother. Beginning with a 50-bed hospital, St. John Health System now incorporates the skills of more than 800 primary care and specialty physicians, 7,000 employees and several medical centers throughout northeastern Oklahoma.
St. John Health System is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St John Health System, you will have the opportunity to maintain the integrity of the master patient index and facilitates synchronization with the other indices throughout the organization.
- Identifies, researches and corrects data integrity issues within the Master Patient Index (MPI). Communicates MPI data integrity issues to all impacted ancillary departments.
- Receives, processes and analyzes health information for completeness, timeliness and accuracy. Audits accuracy of electronic and manual entry and facilitates resolution of any discrepancies.
- Serves as a liaison to physicians and other medical support staff to facilitate complete, timely and accurate health information.
- Assists with the daily operations of the department and departmental related projects and processes.
- Analyzes medical records according to HIM and MR analysis procedures; Assures key MR analysis functions are performed on each record and that any previous deficiencies in current charts are identified on a deficiency sheet and are accurate in the computer system.
What You Will Need
One or more of the following:
- Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) credentialed from the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Admnstr credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Reg Health Info Tech credentialed from the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)