We Are Hiring
RN-Float Pool - Float Staffing 001 - Full-Time,Night - Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester,MI
Full-time, night shift, 7P-730AM.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is a member of Ascension Health, the largest not-for-profit Catholic Health system in the United States.
Our Mission: Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital is dedicated to enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve in partnership with our physicians, employees and community members.
We are called to:
- Service of the Poor - Generosity of spirit, especially for persons most in need
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship
- Creativity - Courageous innovation
- Dedication - Affirming the hope and joy of our ministry
Our Vision: To be the recognized healthcare Employer of choice.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to, as the chosen care delivery model, Relationship Based Care (“RBC”) is the foundation of compassionate patient care at CHMC, supported by all team members. The 6 elements of RBC – Element 1: Caring and Healing Practice Environment; Element 2: Responsibility for Relationship and Decision Making; Element 3: Work Allocation and Patient Assignments; Element 4: Communication with the Health Care Team; Element 5: Leadership/Management; Element 6: Process Improvement – provides the building blocks for patient care and service delivery within the CHMC organization and the focus of the three primary relationships – self, colleague, and patient. Supports the caring practice and the commitment to co-workers.
- Standards of Practice: all of the following are essential functions
- Standard 1: Assessment – The registered nurse collects comprehensive data pertinent to the healthcare consumer’s health and/or the situation.
- Standard 2: Diagnosis – The registered nurse analyzes the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or the issues.
- Standard 3: Outcomes Identification – The registered nurse identifies expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Standard 4: Planning – The registered nurse develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Standard 5: Implementation – The registered nurse implements the identified plan.
- Standard 6: Evaluation – The registered nurse evaluated progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Standards of Professional Performance:
- Standard 7: Ethics – The registered nurse practices ethically.
- Standard 8: Education – The registered nurse attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Standard 9: Evidence-Based Practice and Research – The registered nurse integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Standard 10: Quality of Practice – The registered nurse contributes to quality nursing practice.
- Standard 11: Communication – The registered nurse communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Standard 12: Leadership – The registered nurse demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Standard 13: Collaboration – The registered nurse collaborates with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Standard 14: Professional Practice Evaluation – The registered nurse evaluates his or her own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules, and regulations.
- Standard 15: Resource Utilization – The registered nurse utilizes appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Standard 16: Environmental Health – The registered nurse practices in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- The registered nurse must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to all ages of patients serviced on his or her unit.
- This position involves direct patient care and supervision of other health care providers. Use and disclosure of personal health information on a “need to know basis” may be necessary for purposes of treatment and hospital operations.
- Performs all other duties and assignments as requested, i.e., special projects and committees.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Current ACLS certification or obtain within six (6) months of hire or transfer required.
- Obtain and maintain BLS certification on completion of hospital orientation required.
- Current State of Michigan Registered Nurse license at time of hire/transfer date required.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) course preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) certification preferred.
- Current ENPC preferred.
- NIHSS certification preferred.
- Trauma Care After Resuscitation (TCAR) certification preferred.
- Graduate from an accredit School of Nursing at time of hire/transfer date BSN preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years acute care experience in the past (4) years required. Successful completion of twelve (12) hour Telemetry Class within one (1) year of hire or transfer date required.Tto work with a Hospital defined specialty patient, the Registered Nurse must meet the competency requirements of that patient population as defined by CHMC Nursing Department.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.