We Are Hiring
Senior Business Systems Analyst
Full Time , Day
Seton Administrative Offices - Austin , TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Business Systems Analyst with Ascension Texas | Seton in Austin, TX , you will have the opportunity work within our Strategic Planning department to evaluate operations , identify key areas of development , focus on high level adjustments to improve patient satisfaction , and increase efficiency across the network
- Determine operational objectives , gather information , translate and simplify requirements , and recommend appropriate solutions
- Work with multiple business users and understand the business needs for support
- Work with customers to clarify and plan for their current and future technology needs
- Determine and map existing business processes / functions and recommend changes required to fit a tightly integrated system
- Design and implement projects requiring systems integration , small teams and multiple technical platforms
- Conduct Return on Investment (ROI) and other financial analysis to support project funding / prioritization
- Collaborate on driving improvement activities to achieve department and organizational goals
- Assume a proactive role in driving improvement activities to achieve department and organizational goals to deliver value
- Coordinate with functional team to assure consistency and optimization of overall work product
- Maintain current knowledge of industry and business process trends and is able to apply that knowledge to existing business processes
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Tableau experience
- Excel experience
- Working in data processing and mapping environment
- Healthcare claims or clinical data
- SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Business Intelligence tools like Tableau
- Business Objects
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Basic experience writing shell scripts
- PowerShell and Command Line Tool Usage
- System troubleshooting and basic debugging skills
- Python or R programming
- Familiarity with Informatica
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Agile concepts and tools
- Healthcare experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.