We Are Hiring
Supervisor - Behavioral Health - MH Adult Clinic Fulton - FT Days - Fulton County MH Clinic - Gloversville, NY
Monday - Friday 8:30-5:00; Tuesday available by appointment
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to supervise the behavioral health program.
- Determines, coordinates and supervises daily staffing assignments and staffing levels.
- Trains, coaches, and evaluates assigned staff on performance expectations. Applies progressive discipline when appropriate. Participates in hiring and termination procedures.
- Coordinates patient care with other members of the healthcare team to ensure the achievement of desired outcomes.
- Participates in direct delivery of care depending on patient census. Completes patient evaluations and treatments as needed.
- Directs Oversees, coordinates, and controls the admission, customer service representatives, and case management departments in accordance with the established policies and procedures and in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations; regulatory agencies; and third-party payers.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Social Worker specializing in Clinical Practice credentialed from the New York Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Social Worker credentialed from the New York Board of Social Work obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Counselor obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Psychologist credentialed from the New York Board of Psychology obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Education & Work Experience:
- Masters in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling with three years experience providing treatment to adults.
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.