We Are Hiring
Radiology Technologist, Ascension St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside
Join our family of highly skilled Radiology Technologists at Ascension St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside!
Ascension St. Vincent’s Riverside is home to the largest cardiovascular program between Atlanta and Orlando. Consumer Reports named it one of the top five performers in knee replacements in the U.S. In 2015, Healthgrades called the hospital one of America’s 100 best for spinal surgery. Riverside was the first in Duval County to be accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and the hospital has partnered with Mayo Clinic to bring its expertise in cancer care to Riverside. In addition, Riverside has repeatedly earned ‘A’ patient safety scores from The Leapfrog Group.
What you will do:
As a Radiology Technologist, you will take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
One or more of the following:
Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
HS Diploma or Equivalent
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)