We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Operating Room - Surgery
Seton Medical Center Austin - Austin, TX
Additional Job Details: Full Time (Multiple shifts & Schedules Available - apply now to speak with a Recruiter)
Must Have: Operating Room RN experience
Now Offering OR RN Sign-On Bonuses at Seton Medical Center Austin up to $15,000!
*Payout based on education, experience and specialty.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse in the Surgery Unit at Seton Medical Center Austin (SMCA), you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. You will make frequent utilization of your critical decision-making skills, as well as your innate assessment skills to gain a strong understanding of your patients current and future needs. You will then collaborate with the other members of your unique interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step for your patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
The Surgery Unit at SMCA had 28 surgical suites (largest Surgery unit within the Seton Network) outfitted with state-of-the-art equipment. We are expanding the size of our OR rooms! By December 2019, SMCA will have 26 OR suites in our Surgical Services units including 2 endovascular suites. As the only hospital in Central Texas that performs heart transplants, we are experiencing significant growth. We are searching for the best and brightest OR and CVOR RNs around the country to be key members of this growing team. It is an incredible opportunity to work alongside the top heart surgeons in Texas in our NEW state-of-the-art facilities. Services include: Robotic Surgery using the latest DaVinci Xi Surgical Robot, Plastics, Eyes, ENT, Cardiovascular, Urology, Neuro, Ortho, Spine, GYN and General Surgery. SMCA is Austin’s largest medical/acute care center and offers comprehensive diagnostic and treatment services for both inpatients and outpatients as well as regional specialty programs including the Seton Heart Specialty Care and Transplant Center, Seton Infusion Center and the Marialice Shivers Regional Neonatal Center. SMCA was also one of the first two hospitals in Texas to receive certification as a Primary Stroke Center. Seton Medical Center Austin is ranked #1 in Austin and #12 in all of Texas by U.S. News & World Report.
• Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop a patient specific care and treatment plan.
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient.
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines.
• You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
We provide Our Nurses:
• Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don’t get overwhelmed.
• Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care
• Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we’re implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
• Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support.
• Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join the team.
What You Will Need
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.