This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Ascension Saint Agnes is looking for a Part-Time Nocturnist to join our elite team!
Why Join Ascension?
About Ascension Saint Agnes
- For over 150 years, Saint Agnes, built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, is comprised of care teams who are committed to providing the best care for our patients.
- Saint Agnes is a part of Ascension, one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the country.
- 251-bed full-service teaching hospital with residency programs in a number of medical and surgical specialties.
- Ascension Saint Agnes offers emergency as well as a variety of inpatient and outpatient services. That is in addition to our Six Institutes that focus in the areas of Cancer, Orthopedics and Spine, Cardiovascular, Women and Children, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery.
- Baltimoreans have a lot to love about Baltimore with its famous crab cakes, major sports teams -the Orioles (baseball) and the Ravens (football), its beautiful historic harbor, diverse historical sites with three centuries of history, and its proximity to other major cities – NYC, Washington DC, and Philadelphia.
- Although it’s a large city, and it is the fourth largest school district in Maryland, it has received an award for Urban School Board Excellence from the Council of Urban Boards of Education.
- Besides its great education, there are home buying incentives for its residents. There are many incentive programs for homebuyers, homeowners, and renters that are managed by different city departments or nonprofits making relocation options easy.
- With more than 130 attractions, museums, historic sites and performing arts groups, Baltimore promises something for everyone.
About Ascension Medical Group
When you join Ascension Medical Group (AMG), you are entering a community where physician and advanced practice provider engagement and experience is recognized as a key driver of delivering excellent patient care.
With 1,900 sites of care and 7,000 providers strong, AMG is one of the largest healthcare provider networks in the United States. Physicians and advanced practice providers benefit from a collaborative approach to care, significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages.
What You Will Do
- Evaluates and treats patients with appropriate medical diagnostic and treatment skills. Coordinates discharge planning with case management.
- Recommends, participates in, and works to ensure the success of efforts to improve cost effectiveness and quality of care provided to patients.
- Accepts patient referrals from other physicians. Acts as admitting, attending and/or consulting physician for patients who require hospitalization for primary medical diagnoses, depending on needs of patients, medical staff and hospital.
- Participates in academic programs (e.g. medical education and research) as requested.
- Provides appropriate documentation that meets insurance company requirements; appeal all denials in a timely manner.
- Participates in inpatient and outpatient consultation for specialty, which may include on call schedules.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.