We Are Hiring
Office Operations Assistant – PRN (no benefits) - Day Shift - Monday - Friday, as needed – St. Vincent’s Riverside – Jacksonville, FL
Join our family at St. Vincent’s Medical Center Riverside. As the flagship location for St. Vincent’s HealthCare, St. Vincent’s Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients.
Why join Ascension?
· More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
· Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
Shift: PRN (no benefits)/Day Shift - Monday - Friday, as needed
What you will do:
•Greets patients and visitors, checks patients in and out, and obtains necessary documentation. Verifies and enters demographic information.
• Obtains and verifies insurance authorizations/precertification. Completes medical record release requests and schedules/confirms patient appointments.
• Enters, reviews and submits charges for patient procedures and services daily. Collects co-payments and reconciles all daily reports and deposits for accuracy.
• Provides general office and clerical support to assigned area.
Excellent patient experience and EMR experience
Experience with registration, medical records or handling pre-certs and authorizations
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)