We Are Hiring
Sacred Heart – Pensacola is hiring a Paramedic in our Pediatric Emergency Department, to work PRN flexible hours!
Why Join Ascension?
Come work for an innovative leader in many areas of healthcare! Since 1915, Sacred
Heart Hospital Pensacola has been highly regarded for its services to the community and
the quality of its healthcare providers.
- We are constantly growing- our brand new Studer Family Children’s Hospital is slated to open in by early May, which will have Siemens scanners which are the only ones in Northwest FL.
- Rated among the top 10% of stroke programs in the USA
- Rated among the top 50 hospitals in the USA for vascular surgery
- Ranked among the top 5% of E.R.s in the USA
- FL Blue as a Blue Distinction Center for knee and hip replacement surgery
- One of 11 centers in FL to provide specialized care to women with high risk pregnancies
- NW Florida’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- NW Florida's only facility to offer the most advanced non-invasive brain surgery – Leksell Gamma Knife® Perfexio
What You Will Do:
- Identify, intervene, and stabilize the ill or injured patient during interfacility and intrafacility transport under the direction and in collaboration with the transport physician and/or Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on transport team protocols. Monitor, record and communicates patient condition and treatment, as appropriate.
- Provide population specific education to the patient and family about the patient's illness and therapeutic interventions.
- Inspect, maintain, and care for equipment to ensure safety of the transport team, patients and public.
What You Will Need:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Paramedic credentialed from the Florida Emergency Medical Services obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma or GED with 2 years of experience or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required
- 1 Year of experience prefered
About Our Team:
Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)