We Are Hiring
Orthopedic Service Line Director
Ascension Via Christi Health
Why Join Ascension?
Via Christi Health, a part of Ascension, is the largest healthcare provider in the state of Kansas and operate a network of hospitals, home care services, clinics, ambulatory surgery centers, imaging centers, and other health services
Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
Leading with Mission: Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
One Ascension: We are One Ascension. We share a drive to care for people and provide the best possible outcomes for our patients. Personalized care is our calling, and teamwork is the way we provide it.
What You Will Do
As a Director with Ascension Via Christi Health System, you will have the opportunity to direct services, workflow and resources for our Orthopedic service line.
- Establishes market strategy, service offerings and clinical program.
- Evaluates, develops, and adapts the business processes of the clinical service line(s) to meet the ever changing healthcare environment and needs of patients and families.
- Responsible for programmatic growth, physician recruitment, alignment or acquisitions; the evaluation, development and adaptation of clinical/business processes for the service line.
- Facilitates a culture of teamwork, collaboration, and accountability across disciplines within the service line.
- Coordinates with physician leadership to identify clinical and non-clinical technology, software, and equipment needs in support of the service line.
- Partners with physician lead to implement clinical standards and programs; new programs and services, in an efficient/cost effective manner to provide a unified approach to care delivery.
- Develops and implements cost, Clinical Process Reliability (CPR), and efficiency plans. Identifies necessary resources for patient care and programmatic development.
- Collaborates with Population Health leaders to improve health outcomes within the community.
- Develops and markets expanded and/or new services in response to innovation, technology, strategic developments or compensation consistent with the goals of the clinical service.
- Partners with other key departments to develop short and long range strategic plans for the service, operating and capital budgets, and an integrated strategic and financial plan.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory, legal, reimbursement changes, and industry trends. Establishes appropriate database registries, certifications, and external benchmark reasons to deliver outstanding clinical care.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Master's degree preferred
- 5 years of experience required
- 10 years of experience preferred
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required
- 5 years of leadership or management experience in the Orthopedic service line preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Via Christi Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Please see the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)