We Are Hiring
We are hiring: Are you a Physician Assistant looking to improve or gain new skill-sets in a surgical specialty?
If so, join our amazing team at our Columbia Surgery office! #PhysicianAssistant #DreamJob
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
- Exceptional Reputation: For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
- Obtain patient history and performs assessment. Orders, performs and interprets diagnostic procedures.
- Provide direct diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive health care services under the supervision of a physician.
- Provide and documents direct treatment and management of health conditions.
- Perform minor surgical procedures in an office setting ( i.e. breast biopsies, abcess drainage, etc.).
- Evaluate patients in the office for post-op visits.
- Provide counseling and education of patients and their families/caregivers concerning preventative health, treatment options and community resources.
- Perform preventative health assessments, screening, immunizations and care.
Shift & Facility Information
- Our AWESOME office team consists of one RN, seven Medical Assistants and nine Physicians (five general surgeons, three breast surgeons and one colorectal surgeon).
- This great work-life balance position is a Monday- Friday role 8:00am-4:30pm ( no call,weekends or holidays).
- You will see patients at the Columbia office & Baltimore office located at St. Agnes Hospital.
- If interested, there may be an opportunity to train and shadow in general surgeries.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Physician Assistant credentialed from the Maryland Board of Physicians obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA). Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Orthopedic Physician Assistant. Verified by local Credentialing Office
- Graduate of accredited Physician Assistant program Master's degree preferred
- 1 year of experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.