We Are Hiring
Medical Director - Spirit Medical Transport - .2 FTE - Ascension Wisconsin - Woodruff,WI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Plans and directs medical policies and programs. Defines and achieves financial targets in support of business goals; evaluates organizational functions and structure to best determine the allocation and utilization of services.
- Facilitates strategic clinical relationships with physicians. Works with leadership to develop a strategic plan for growth of clinical practice.
- Ensures that clinical programs are in compliance with governmental and regulatory requirements.
- Implements utilization review and quality improvement systems. Implements educational programs and offerings.
- May provide medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Prepares annual operating budget for assigned service areas.
- Consults with planning and operations leadership in new program development. Supervise any assigned medical/resident programs.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Podiatrist credentialed from the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Wisconsin and its subsidiaries, are an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement