We Are Hiring
Senior Financial Analyst - Post Acute Care - Full-Time, Days - 12250 Alexian Brothers - St. Louis, MO
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will be the primary accountant for assigned business units - including general accounting, financial analysis, budgeting process and responsibility for the integrity of the financial statements. The position also supports the annual cost report and 990 filing process of assigned business units.
- Responsible for the day to day general accounting function, including the monthly financial statement close process, for assigned business units. As part of the close process, prepares or reviews the preparation and posting of journal entries, accruals, prepaids and amortization of applicable assets or liabilities, statistical information, and reconciles general ledger to applicable sub-systems (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Fixed Assets).
- Prepares monthly financial statement analysis (actual vs. budget), investigates material variances, reviews variances with leadership and records any necessary accounting adjustments.
- Prepares or reviews all assigned balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis. Investigate and research open items, recommend resolutions to resolve such items and prepare required journal entries to correct.
- Under the direction and guidance of the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis coordinates and administers the annual ISOFP/Budget process for assigned business units.
- Prepares schedules and maintains support for Medicare Home Office Cost Report, state tax filings and Federal Form 990.
- Implements and maintains the established internal control processes over accounting systems, accounting records and related financial processes of assigned business units.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting highly preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 3 - 5 years of Accounting experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)