We Are Hiring
Medical Dir - Eastwood Southfield Residential - PRN,Day - Ascension Eastwood: Recovery Ctr - 34008 - Southfield,MI
Average 4 hours per week.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 15 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 200,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an associate with Ascension-MI, you will have the opportunity to plan and direct medical policies and programs. Define and achieve financial targets in support of business goals; evaluate organizational functions and structure to best determine the allocation and utilization of services.
- Facilitates strategic clinical relationships with physicians. Works with leadership to develop a strategic plan for growth of clinical practice.
- Ensures that clinical programs are in compliance with governmental and regulatory requirements.
- Implements utilization review and quality improvement systems. Implements educational programs and offerings.
- May provide medical services to patients in an assigned area.
- Prepares annual operating budget for assigned service areas.
- Consults with planning and operations leadership in new program development. Supervise any assigned medical/resident programs.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Physician MD/DO with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Medicine obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Podiatrist with Prescriptive Authority credentialed from the Michigan Board of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) or Doctor of Optometry (OD) or Doctor of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)