We Are Hiring
LPN-Long Term Care - SNF Nursing Unit A - PRN,Rotating - Villa Franciscan - Joliet, IL
Why Join Ascension?
At Ascension, our physicians and caregivers work in collaboration to provide compassionate, personalized care for all, especially to those most in need. Ascension is one of the largest non-profit healthcare organizations in the country – called to be the expression of God’s healing love in the world.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to provide basic bedside care to long term care patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN) or physician, functioning within scope of license.
- Contributes to the assessment of patients by collecting data for analysis by a Registered Nurse (RN).
- Administers medications and observes patients for adverse reactions to medications or treatments.
- Performs routine laboratory tests and simple therapeutic services.
- Educates patients/families about disease treatment plan including self-care post discharge, holistic health needs, available resources and follow up care. Assures resident safety by identifying safety hazards and emergency situations and initiates corrective action as appropriate.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Practical Nurse with current Illinois License required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required.
- Experience in a long term care or acute hospital setting preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)