We Are Hiring
Clinical Data Manager
1345 Philomena Street - Austin, TX
Do you have a deep understanding of managing and coordinating clinical data? Apply today!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Clinical Data Manager with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to manage and coordinate data analytic activities associated with organizing, implementing and meeting departmental goals.
- Engages in strategic planning and tactical implementation of data analytic activities.
- Advises and leads on mapping of clinical data to a normalized data model.
- Determines approaches to interoperability of clinical data, including mapping of clinical content to data standards to support use case requirements.
- Must have a deep understanding of clinical data, leading a team of clinical data analysts to ensure clinically calid data is available to the business.
- Consults leadership on the development of Data Analytics strategy for the organization and develops analytical models and support tools across functions of the organization.
- Oversees the preparation of departmental reports and analyses.
- Establishes departmental metrics to support project goals and develops improvement plans.
- Communicates findings and recommendations to senior level management across different departments.
- Manages activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Leads a team to develop prescriptive, predictive, and inferential analytical tools to drive organizational efficiencies and sustainability, improve decision making, and further analytical service offering to internal and external customers.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in related field is preferred, e.g. public health, nursing, epidemiology, engineering, informatics or bioinformatics.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Project management experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with healthcare/clinical terminologies and code-sets that comprise measure value sets including SNOMED CT™, LOINC, ICD9-10, CPT4/HCPCS, RxNorm, CVX and other code systems.
- Knowledge of relational databases/database structures, SQL experience desired.
- Must have a strong understanding of data collected and used in electronic medical records, and experience navigating EMRs.
- Knowledge and experience with ambulatory and acute clinical workflows and clinical information systems.
- Experience with detailed policies and related data/exchange standards including the ONC Interoperability Advisory Standard, U.S. Core Data for Interoperability initiative, ONC Certification Rules.
- Experience with using/implementing HL7 standards and processes including Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) and Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resource (FHIR).
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)