We Are Hiring
Nutrition Services Aide - Nutrition Services Asc Lvg - Part-Time,Day - Our Lady of Peace - Lewiston, NY
Why Join Ascension?
Senior Living and Long-Term Care Communities
As a subsidiary of Ascension, Ascension Living is committed to providing services, amenities, opportunities and support, so seniors can enjoy living healthier and happier, at every age and at every stage.
We’re the second-largest nonprofit system in the U.S. Our living choices include independent living, assisted living, memory care, short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care.
More than 10,000 adults live in our 54 senior living communities, which are located in 12 states, and Washington, D.C. Also, more than 5,500 associates are employed by Ascension – professional, compassionate individuals who believe in empowering people to age successfully.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Senior Living, you will have the opportunity to
Performs a variety of routine duties related to the preparation, service and transport of food; ensures that required sanitary levels are maintained throughout the food preparation process; performs cleaning and sanitizing duties to department equipment. Complies with established Facility and departmental policies and procedures, standards for hygiene and personal appearance, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Adheres to Facility Standards of Conduct and practices the Core Values of Service of the Poor, Reverence, Integrity, Wisdom, Creativity and Dedication. Represents OLP accurately and honestly. Acts with integrity and in the best interest of OLP. Identifies instances of non-compliance and takes appropriate action, including reporting violations of the CRP. Adheres to Facility policy or regulations. Business relationships are conducted in the best interest of OLP, free of gifts, favors or other improper inducements.
- Position Accountabilities and Performance Criteria
- The following are essential job accountabilities:
- 1) Sets up and serves residents in assigned position in accordance with established schedule and procedures; portions and serves food as directed by resident menu and established portion controls. (20%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - Demonstrates accuracy in portion control and ability to perform duties in stations; assures silverware placed on tray is clean and without food debris; pays attention to work and does not socialize during meal operations. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the department. Follows infection control policies by washing hands before putting on gloves, changing gloves as needed when soiled or torn, before beginning a different task, after handling raw meat, before handling cooked or ready to eat foods, before handling eating utensils (regular or plastic).
- Management Performance Criteria - Demonstrates the Mission of the Facility by providing quality care through accuracy in assembling resident food in servers and as "runner" after the meal. Reports to work on time and ready to work at the start of the shift; provides proper notification when late or absent. This is essential to insure tray lines are not delayed.
- 2) Reviews production sheets; prepares and portions food items necessary for resident tray operation; reports spoiled or unattractive food, defective supplies or equipment to Supervisor on duty. (20%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - Demonstrates accuracy in portion control; rinses all fresh fruits prior to service.
- Management Performance Criteria - Complies with departmental dress code; wears Facility identification badge while on duty; wears appropriate hair cover at all times; reports to work well groomed and in compliance with infection control standards for person hygiene.
- Collaboration Performance Criteria - Maintains a positive attitude in work place; works well with and assists others as needed to complete the job.
- Planning/Timeliness Performance Criteria - Completes job duties within required timeframe, according to established schedules or workflow requirements and assists co-workers to do the same.
- 3) Completes post-meal cleanup tasks in servers; performs dishwashing/cleaning operations of resident tables, kitchen equipment, food carts, set up of tables and other equipment used in food service operation; recycles waste as per department procedures. (20%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - Performs all sanitation operations correctly to ensure all equipment is cleaned and sanitized according to procedures to ensure the safety of residents, staff and visitors. Demonstrates the ability to operate equipment according to department and safety guidelines.
- Communications Performance Criteria - Reports all personal injuries or accidents immediately to the Nutrition Services Supervisor on duty.
- Collaboration Performance Criteria - Cooperates with fellow employees to complete post-meal cleanup tasks to trayline work stations.
- 4) Procures adequate food and supplies from department storage areas for daily operations and returns unused items to refrigerators, freezers or storeroom properly dated, wrapped and put in appropriate place. (10%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - Labels all food items with item name, date, time and initials.
- Planning/Timeliness Performance Criteria - Obtains adequate food and supplies for the meal period to prevent interruption in service to resident meal operations.
- 5) Loads and transports food carts on schedule.(8%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - Locks off elevator ONLY to transport patient food carts to and from the nursing units.
- Planning/Timeliness Performance Criteria - Delivers food from the kitchen to the designated unit in a prompt, timely and safe manner.
- 6) Performs assorted food service/preparation duties for resident nourishment, delivering nourishments to residents. (8%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - HIPAA Competency- Protects resident's privacy by insuring any items with resident data on them are not left unattended. Prepares all items accurately per requests or menus and wears gloves when preparing food items for resident trays or for between designated meal times.
- Planning/Timeliness Performance Criteria - Delivers meal trays and/or food items in a prompt and timely manner to the appropriate resident or nursing unit.
- Resident Relations Performance Criteria - Identifies the resident correctly before leaving any meal trays and/or food items with the resident to assure resident safety and compliance with modified diet restrictions.
- 7) Attends all inservices and meetings as required.(3%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - Projects poise, authority, and a positive image. Wears appropriate clothing and accessories, giving proper attention to personal hygiene. Wears Facility ID Badge while on duty. Attends department meetings as required and scheduled. Infection Control Competency: Demonstrates knowledge of and adheres to all infection control procedures including proper hand-washing techniques, contact with blood spills and universal precautions. Competency: Participates in drills and demonstrates knowledge of Plan for Department. Attends all mandatory inservices.
- The following duties may be reassigned:
- 8) Performs the duties of Nourishment Aide as needed, such as feeding residents and passing nourishment. (11%)
- Application of Knowledge Performance Criteria - Performs parstock inventories accurately and delivers to unit pantries. Demonstrates accuracy in portion control as per nourishment computer sheets and delivers nourishment accurately in a prompt and timely manner to the resident or nursing unit. Labels and dates all nourishment and internal feedings accurately as per nourishment computer sheets and labels. Wears gloves while preparing nourishment. Changes gloves as needed and always wears gloves when handling cooked or ready to eat foods.
- Resident Relations Performance Criteria - Demonstrates the ability to feed residents exercising the Facility's Core Values at all times.
- 9) Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- The performance of this function is the reason that the job exists.
- There are limited employees among whom the performance of this function can be distributed.
- This function occupies a great deal of the employee's time.
- This function is highly specialized. Employees are hired for the skill/ability to perform this.
- Failure to perform this function may have serious consequences.
- The function was performed by past employees, and is performed by current employees.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens that requires use of personal protective equipment.
- Adherence to OSHA's bloodborne pathogen regulations is a condition of employment.
What You Will Need Education:
- Minimum Education: Grammar School Preferred Education:High School or Equivalent preferred
- Minimum Experience: No experience required-On the job training provided. Preferred Experience: One (1) to Three (3) months food service experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)