We Are Hiring
RN-Registered Nurse - Pediatric ICU Unit 001 - Full-Time,Rotating - Indianapolis-2001 West 86th St - Indianapolis,IN
Full time rotating either day shift or night shift
** NEW GRADS PLEASE APPLY TO THE RESIDENCY POSITIONS**
MUST HAVE A MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE IN A CRITICAL CARE SETTING ( ICU/ER/PICU)
*PREFER PEDIATRIC EXPERIENCE
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and strong time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Career Development: National certified preferably within 5 years of hire.
- BSN Degree or currently enrolled in BSN program.
- Nursing experience in a Pediatric healthcare setting is preferred.
- Works effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to apply principles of evidenced-based practice, analytical thinking and service excellence in practice.
- Analyze and interpret data and utilize the information to make judgments regarding patient care.
- Floats to various nursing units while maintaining the delivery of clinical excellence and high quality service.
- On-call assignment per department and hospital policy.
- Reporting to the Nurse Manager of the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, the PICU Registered Nurse will collaborate with a team of: tenured nurses, educators, respiratory therapists, advanced practice nurses and physicians. The PICU Manager will provide guidance to a high reward environment, focusing on quality and patient care.
The PICU Staff Nurse will be responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with the Medical Center mission, vision, and value.
The Pediatric Intensive Care Staff Nurse will assess, plan, evaluate and document the nursing process in the PICU as needed. The Pediatric Intensive Care Staff Nurse will ensure patient support through infection control processes, sterility assurance, and product and instrument availability.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- BSN Preferred
- MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR EXPERIENCE IN A CRITICAL CARE SETTING ( ICU/ED/PICU)
- PEDIATRC EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)