We Are Hiring
We are hiring: Are you an experienced Operating Room Registered Nurse ?
If so, join our amazing OR team at Saint Agnes Hospital in Baltimore! #Nursing #DreamJob
* We are offering a $10,000 sign on bonus for RN's with 2 years of Operating Room experience. Must meet bonus requirements.
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Delivers professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
Shift & Facility Information:
Our Operating Room is a fast paced environment with 18 rooms and we perform 8000-9000 cases a year .We are excited to build/perform Robotic Surgery using the SI and XI. Service Lines are Bariatrics, Ortho, Thoracic, Plastic Surgery, Neuro, General and Vascular.
- 40 hours weekly/full time benefit eligible
- Rotating shift
- On-call requirements: This would include 24 hours of call 1-2 times a month on the weekend. Either 7a-7p or 7p-7a. In addition about 2 additional days of call during the week a month. We do have a team in- house at all times. Therefore, call is only utilized when there is an emergency and the “in-house” team is busy in a case.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Maryland Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.