We Are Hiring
Genetic Counselor - Center for Prenatal Diagnosis - Full-Time,Days - Indianapolis-8081 Township Lin - Indianapolis, IN
Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm
Why Join Ascension?
Why join the St. Vincent Family? We believe that St. Vincent is a top workplace and here are a few reasons you should consider joining the Ascension family:
- We are LOCAL. Our people, our facilities, our patients are all right here in your very own city. We provide local partnerships with community schools and organizations. We serve over 2.2 million patients annually, right here in Indiana.
- We provide for your future, allowing many opportunities to advance and even tuition reimbursement.
- St. Vincent is the 8th largest employer in the state with 20 hospitals and we were voted one of the 15 Best Health Systems in the Nation by Thomson Reuters. Our Heart Center is rated 5 Stars by CMS.
- We treat healing as more than just a job at St. Vincent Health. For us it's really a calling. We believe it is our duty and privilege to take care of our patients and their families in body, mind, and spirit.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Genetic Counselor, you will provide genetic counseling and psychological support to patients and their families. You will also provide coordination services for other screening programs.
- Identifies families at risk for genetic disorders, children with birth defects, or a variety of other inherited conditions. Analyzes inheritance patterns and risks of recurrence.
- Interprets complex genetic and laboratory data/test results. Communicates findings with physician.
- Assists patients with navigation of financial aspects associated with genetic testing.
- Assists with diagnosing genetic problems and develops short and long term genetic counseling plans.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- Master's degree in Genetics/Genetic Counseling from ABGC accredited genetic counseling training program preferred
- Preferred Qualification: Minimum of two years of experience in genetic counseling
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)