We Are Hiring
CRNA-RN Anesthetist - Anesthesiology 002 - Part-Time, Rotating - Ascension St John Hospital - 34030 - Detroit,MI
20 hours per week
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to administer anesthetic care for the purpose of facilitating diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures.
- Performs and documents a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Develops and implements an anesthetic plan of care, including monitoring modalities and post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Selects, obtains and administers the anesthetic plan of care, including induction, maintenance and emergence phase anesthesia.
- Recognizes alterations in physiologic responses to the surgical procedure and/or the anesthetic, takes appropriate action and notifies the responsible physician as indicated.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Nurse Anesthetist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Michigan Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Nurse Anesthetist credentialed from the National Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Verified by local Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Master's or Doctorate of Nursing Anesthesia Practice or Nursing Practice required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)