We Are Hiring
Dietitian-Diabetes Educator - Endocrinology 001 - Full-Time, Days - St Agnes Hospital-Baltimore MD - Baltimore, MD
Work Schedule: Days, Monday - Friday. Occasional evening or weekend hours
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Agnes Healthcare serves the greater Baltimore area and employs more than 3,000 associates. Saint Agnes offers a full range of services through its operation of a 254-bed, full-service teaching hospital, Saint Agnes Medical Group, Seton Imaging Center, and Saint Agnes Foundation. Partnerships throughout the community have positioned Saint Agnes to provide support to individuals when and where they need it most. Saint Agnes strives to ensure the vitality and health of the community.
Saint Agnes Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Agnes Healthcare-MD, you will have the opportunity to
Educates patients, healthcare workers and the community about controlling diabetes through nutritional management.
- Coordinates with designated staff to effectively integrate medical nutrition therapy into the overall management of diabetes.
- Provides diabetes education for patients, healthcare workers and the community.
- Encourages the diabetes team to support and reinforce nutrition prescriptions and to help patients manage their meal plans.
- Supervises the planned education process for the goals of medical nutrition therapy for diabetes. Reinforces diabetes education and instruction to the staff and implements and monitors educational plan of care.
- Coordinates with healthcare providers including receiving and writing orders to ensure effective and efficient patient care and achievement of desired patient outcomes.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Dietitian/Nutritionist credentialed from the Maryland Board of Dietetic Practice obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Educator specializing in Diabetes Management credentialed from the National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators (NCBDE).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As an equal opportunity employer, Saint Agnes Hospital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, veterans status, military service, or any other legally protected status.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.