We Are Hiring
Mgr-Respiratory Svcs - Respiratory Care 001 - Full-Time, Evening - HealthPark - Grand Blanc, MI
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Respiratory Services Manager with Ascension Genesys Hospital, you will have the opportunity to manage operations for Respiratory, Sleep Disorders and/or other services.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Implements departmental goals, standards, and objectives which directly support the strategic plan and vision of the organization.
- Assesses quality of patient care and coordinates patient care services with patients, staff, physicians, and other departments.
- Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, conflict management and other job related issues.
- Oversees scheduling, recruitment and payroll.
- Prepares and monitors departmental budgets, regulatory compliance, departmental contracts, and vendor relations.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Therapist specializing in Registered credentialed from the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Respiratory Therapist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Respiratory Care.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation credentialed from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 3 years of respiratory experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Genesys Health System will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.