We Are Hiring
Risk Management Director
50 St Vincent's East - Birmingham, AL
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Risk Management Director with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to lead and direct risk management activities and resources.
- Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis of risk related information.
- Collects, evaluates, and maintains data concerning patient injuries, complaints, claims, and other risk-related data.
- Educates leadership, staff and physicians about risk management programs and their responsibilities to those programs.
- Advises the organization in the design and implementation of risk reduction policies/protocols and programs within their own departments.
- Investigates, analyzes and reports root causes, patterns, and trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events, serious adverse events, and near misses.
- Assists with identification and implementation of corrective action where appropriate.
- Reports all adverse events to appropriate regulatory and accrediting agencies as required.
- Works with appropriate stakeholders to facilitate the initial investigation and processing of claims against the organization.
- Manages activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)