We Are Hiring
Risk Manager - Risk Management Central Region - Full-Time, Days - Grand Blanc HealthPark - Grand Blanc, MI
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to develop, implement and manage risk management activities.
- Manages event and claim investigations, management and litigation across all coverage lines.
- Serves on the appropriate hospital/ministry event reporting core team and Serious Event Review team(s).
- Evaluates risk management functions and processes through the use of data capture, follow up and trend analysis and presents findings to appropriate committees; collects, evaluates and distributes relevant data concerning patient/visitor/environmental injuries and near misses and aggregates summaries for committee reviews.
- Assists with the development and implementation of initiatives and policies and procedures, including associate and medical staff education activities, Provider Associate Care Team (PACT) program and other risk reduction/elimination throughout the organization.
- Supports the process of responding to product and safety recalls and alerts and safe medical device reporting of adverse events.
- Supports the organization's risk management goals, strategies and processes.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)