We Are Hiring
Medical Asst-Cert - Womens Clinic Tawas - FT Rotating, 72 Hours Bi-Weekly - Women’s Ctr-Tawas City - Tawas City, MI
The office is open Monday through Thursday- 8AM-5PM. Friday 8AM-4PM. The position is a 36 hour per week position with coverage expected when providers are in the office.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Joseph Health, you will have the opportunity to assist with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a provider (Physician or Advanced Practice Provider).
- Assists with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by provider or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
- May document the provider's encounter with patients. Lists all proper diagnoses and symptoms, as well as follow-up instructions and prescriptions, as indicated by the provider. Transcribes patient orders including, but not limited to, laboratory tests, radiology tests and medications.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Assistant obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date. Any issuing authority accepted.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Employment decisions involving associates of St. Joseph Health System (SJHS) such as hiring, promotion, demotion, transfer, selection for training, recruitment, separation, layoff, termination, salaries, benefits or other forms of compensation, will be made on the basis of individual merit, skill and qualification. Consequently, in making employment decisions, SJHS will consider factors such as education, training, skills developed, prior job experience, prior job performance, attitude, ability to work with others, leadership and potential for growth in the job.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.