We Are Hiring
Registration Coordinator (BU) - Patient Access Admitting 001 - FT Day, 80 Hours Bi-Weekly - St Mary's Hospital - MedCtr - Saginaw, MI
The coordinator will need to take the pager and be responsible for helping to fill in for sick calls when needed.
This is a union position.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St Mary's Hospital, you will have the opportunity to lead assigned staff in performing activities related to patient registration.
- Schedules staff to optimize departmental resources and productivity. Orders and maintains appropriate supplies.
- Confirms insurance coverage. Determines necessity for pre-authorization and obtains authorization for scheduled procedures.
- Determines financial responsibility for services to be provided. Communicates with patients and practitioners regarding financial responsibility and insurance coverage issues, and notifies them of any services requested and/or referred that are not authorized by insurance.
- Keeps abreast of insurance company changes and updates. Communicates these changes to staff.
- Greets patients and visitors, responds to questions/concerns and directs them to appropriate location. Provides on-going communication with clinical staff regarding patient status.
- Collects and enters all necessary demographic, clinical, billing and insurance information from patients or responsible parties.
- Assists leadership with ongoing training of Registration associates.
- All other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.