We Are Hiring
System Administration Specialist
- ESD Data Insights -
- Westport Center Drive - St. Louis, MO
Enterprise Services and Data group within Ascension Technologies (AT) is seeking a Specialist in Technology with System Administration expertise to participate in the support of the day to day administration of various vended applications including tasks related to identifying and troubleshooting issues, finding their resolution and/or escalation / follow-up efforts. The scope of Application Administration Support group includes managing and maintaining various vended applications within the Data portfolio.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
- Support of the day to day system administration of vended applications within the Data portfolio
- Diagnose and resolve problems using documented and research procedures
- Works directly with the end-user for resolving product issues and questions
- Work closely with other Data team members when issues arise
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Data Architecture and Product Development resources in the planning, design, deployment, and testing of new or enhanced solutions
- Performs all work with a direct reflection of the Mission, Vision and Values of Ascension
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Perform system administration and monitoring activities from source systems such as flat files, MS SQL DB, and other vended applications such as NextGate and Symedical
- Troubleshoot complex database performance and administrative issues with a complete root cause analysis and provide solutions to address the issues
- Provide Level 2 support for all vended application products. 24x7 on call support on a rotation basis
- Participate in design discussions with development teams and provide operating standards that the product should meet
- Performance tuning and automation of enterprise databases and extracts. Write Standard operating procedure documents.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- 3 years of experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Level Degree
- BS in Business, or Finance, or MIS, or Computer Science, or related field, or the equivalent, is desired
- 4 plus years of related technical experience is desired
- Minimum 4+ years of IT industry experience working with large scale database applications.
- 4+ years of experience in SQL and/or Oracle database environments.
- Hands on experience in reviewing and programming SQL queries, importing and exporting data from different databases like cloud database like Big Query, NoSQL, SQL or Oracle etc.
- Understanding of database schemas, execution plans and data flow diagrams.
- Working knowledge of web-based technologies SOAP, REST, Web Services
- Experience in Healthcare operations and understanding of Healthcare data is desired including electronic health records
- General understanding of database and scheduling tools
- Demonstrated success documenting technical specifications.
- Critical thinking, analytical skills and business acumen needed to make decisions, solve problems and manage time
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to grasp technological opportunities and apply them to operations
- Self-starter with excellent customer service skills, ability to problem solve, and self-directed
Preferred Skill Set:
- Google Cloud platform (GCP)
- Strong SQL background
- Linux Shell Scripting
- SSIS/SSRS Packages
- SQL server management studio
- Understanding of Stream sets pipelines
- Understanding of HL7 integration
- Understanding of Agile principles
- ITIL certification is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)