This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse BehHlthUnion - Adol Psychiatry Nrsng Unit 001 - Part-Time, Evenings - Westport Campus - Westport, CT
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent's Health Services, in Bridgeport, Connecticut, includes a licensed 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and St. Vincent's Special Needs Services. In 2012, and again in 2018, St. Vincent's achieved Magnet® Recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the highest national honor for nursing excellence. Known throughout the region for exceptional cardiovascular care, St. Vincent’s specializes in primary care, breast health, obstetrics, emergency medicine, behavioral health, cancer care, bariatric, and orthopedics. St. Vincent's was founded in 1903 by the Daughters of Charity.
St. Vincent’s Health Services is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an RN Registered Nurse - Adolescent Psychiatry with St. Vincent's Health Services, you will have the opportunity to provide direct patient care to behavioral health patients in accordance with the established policies and procedures of the facility.
- Performs initial and on-going bio-psychosocial assessments according to accepted standards of nursing practice. Develops a nursing plan of care consistent with the master treatment plan.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
- Evaluates patient's response to interventions and revises nursing plan of care as needed. Collaborates with the treatment team to revise goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the changes in patient status.
- Performs appropriate assessments of patients per hospital policy and identifies physical, psychosocial, cultural spiritual and age-related needs in order to provide individualized care of the patient.
- Develops and documents a comprehensive plan of nursing care in collaboration with the patient and family to meet the physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural and age-related needs of patients in order to facilitate the delivery of care.
- Provides direct patient care according to physician's order and appropriate protocols as evidenced by documentation in patient's medical record and direct supervisor or peer observation.
- Evaluates and recognizes changes in patients' physical and psychosocial status and revises the plan of care as necessary.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel, consistent with their level of education and expertise in order to meet patients' needs and to maximize staff performance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to behavioral health patients and to interact with the interdisciplinary team in order to achieve the desired outcomes for patients.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Reflects ANA Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice (2015), ANA Code of Ethics (2015), and ANA Social Policy Statement (2015).
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Associate Degree
- Associate Degree required, Bachelor Degree preferred and Experience in an acute care psychiatric setting is preferred. Evidence of leadership ability. Must be able to both individually and as a team member successfully manage out of control patients using the methods outlined in the MOAB training.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hires including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's Health Services participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)