We Are Hiring
We are Hiring
Join our family of dedicated, highly valued Clinical Laboratory Scientists at Ascension Standish Hospital in Standish, MI!
Full Time Night - 72 hours biweekly/ Competitive Compensation / Excellent Benefits - Sign On Bonus!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Standish Hospital is a not-for-profit, critical access medical center delivering healing-edge care to permanent and seasonal residents as well as vacationers throughout Arenac County and surrounding communities. We offer 25 acute and critical care beds, 29 skilled nursing beds, and a wide variety of state-of-the-art outpatient services. Our staff, medical expertise, and technology go far beyond that of most hospitals our size.
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, and much more.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension St. Mary's of Michigan, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document and report test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Implements, validates, and reports laboratory test results.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conducts quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintains supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assists in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 18 Months (1 1/2 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
Equal Employment Opportunity
SMOM/SJHS provide Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. SMOM/SJHS complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.