We Are Hiring
Title: SIMULATION EDUCATOR - As a Simulation Educator with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to develop and facilitate simulation-based education programs and curricula.
Department - Nurse Education 002 - Full-Time, Day - Indianapolis-
Location: 1801 West 86th street- Indianapolis, IN
Primarily M-F Days - Some Flexibility
Occasional evenings and weekends
Why Join Ascension?
In Indiana, St. Vincent operates 24 hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, and clinics. St. Vincent's more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers offer expertise in a wide range of services including acute/long-term acute care, bariatrics, cancer care, cardiovascular services, emergency/trauma services, neuroscience, orthopedics, pediatric services, primary care, urgent/immediate care, women's health and more. St. Vincent has been serving central and southern Indiana for 145 years.
St. Vincent is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs
Come Make a Difference - by joining the St. Vincent Family of Super Hero Electroneurodiagnostics dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person - body, mind, and spirit
What You Will Do
As a Simulation Educator with St. Vincent Health-IN, you will have the opportunity to develop and facilitate simulation-based education programs and curricula.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates evidence-based simulation scenarios, curricula and experiences to address clinical and organizational performance gaps, improve learning approaches and provide optimal patient outcomes.
- Facilitates the development of simulation-based education programs in collaboration with key content experts ensuring adherence to evidence-based education practices.
- Develops and coordinates initial training, ongoing development, and coaching of clinical educators in integration of simulation curricula, and demonstrates use of best practice to facilitate and debrief clinical simulation experiences.
- Develops methods, measurements, and assessment tools to appropriately evaluate and document results to ensure that simulation experiences meet learning objectives.
- Maintains technical proficiency with the operation, maintenance, support, trouble-shooting, and repair for equipment.
- Facilitates guest tours, open houses, and community service initiatives.
- Prioritizes event scheduling and works with simulation team to coordinate scheduling and room assignments
- Assists with equipment loans and the maintenance of simulation equipment.
- Assists with inventory, restocking, and recycling of supplies.
- Collaborates with simulation technician specialist in development and revisions of program set up notes and job aids.
- Assists sim team with programming of simulation scenarios.
- Participates as a simulation lab specialist according to team needs, including set up, room reset, tear down and operation of a program
- Assists cadaver lab coordinator as needed.
- Participates in weekly department meetings.
- Maintains simulation and learner confidentiality.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Preference: Education Training and Simulation Understanding preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)