We Are Hiring
Senior Director of Technology
1 St Vincent's Health System - Jacksonville, FL
Base location: Indiana, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Kansas, New York, Maryland, Washington DC, Alabama or Texas
Join a team that is transforming healthcare delivery with technology!
At Ascension, we are working hard to change the way healthcare is delivered - to be more person-centric, caregiver-friendly, insight-led and digital-first. We are doing this by bringing modern architecture, design thinking, advanced analytics and automation to healthcare. In order to achieve our vision, we are in the process of building a world class technology team in an environment that inspires innovation, creativity and bold aspirations. We are looking for proven Health Information Technology (HIT) leaders and thinkers to help build and lead an extraordinary team that has the potential to change healthcare at one of the largest mission-driven healthcare institutions in the country, and set the tone for the future of the industry itself.
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
Ascension is looking for leaders who have experience helping customers solve large-scale problems with technology. The Senior Regional Technology Director (RTD) provides leadership and guidance to business and technology partners creating strategic alignment within assigned ministry and the technology requirements (business case, project charter, TCO, etc.) of the enterprise. Recommends solutions and service offerings to meet strategic market needs. Influences ministry strategy for new and existing programs and systems to align with product and service standards. Brokers prioritization and delivery commitment based on capacity and business value to the organization. Oversees activities and resources for assigned ministry and orchestrates delivery through to a high standard and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborative partner/relationship manager
- Be a consultative partner to the senior leaders in ministry on all technology topics and articulate short and long term trade-offs on technology decisions
- Drive discipline in ideation, demand management, and portfolio prioritization within the market
- Track value delivered on technology projects post deployment
- Serves on ministry governance councils as a technology partner and advisor.
- IT Strategy/tech SME
- Shape and influence the market’s vision for using technology
- Be an advocate for market needs through the integrated technology governance process
- Facilitate support across AT during a crisis
- Integrates solutions
- Oversees requirements and business case development when needed
- Promote new solutions, methods to improve business processes, efficiency and effectiveness or value delivered to customers
- Initiate and leads teams through change by communicating a compelling case for change
Ascension is hiring 8 senior regional technology directors. In addition to the local ministry responsibilities listed above, each senior director will be responsible for running one of the following programs across all ministries.
- Business Analysis – Oversee the business analyst (BA) group, provide resource and capacity management for the BAs, recommend and implement strategies that improve our business analysis deliverables including the standardization of business analysis methodologies and toolsets.
- Change Management – Develop communication plans in cooperation with national and local programming efforts. Confirm leadership and alignment with upcoming change, proper stakeholder analyses and resulting change management programming – communication of rationale, scope and timing of change, as well as knowledge transfer and training programs. Some of the outputs will be centralized knowledge base/documentation repository, lessons learned to be shared with local IT governance, change management plan and service delivery.
- Performance Optimization – Research, recommend and lead efforts for the standardization of internal process improvements methodologies and toolsets that are in support of the team’s professional practice. LEAN certified and/or experience in agile.
- Talent Development - Build a curriculum and coordinate all scheduling efforts that will elevate the skillset of the team. Including lunch and learns, articles, training, guest speakers. Ideally someone that has experience with adult learning, can assess current state and develop a strategy for continued education for the team.
- Performance and Results Delivery – Coordinate amongst Regional Technology Officers and Ascension Technologies leadership to consolidate national and market strategies and goals and then build tools that will provide insight and demonstrate progress and value delivery (metrics, milestones, dashboards, roadmaps).
- Regulatory/Pay for Performance Programs/Compliance – Act as an internal expert on national and state specific regulatory, compliance, and reporting requirements effecting our ministries (i.e. Promoting Interop, CHIME, HIMSS, Leapfrog, Most Wired, national Ascension initiatives). Create dashboards for internal tracking, provide guidance on technical requirements for adhering to the specifications, develop RACI diagrams to identify role and responsibilities specific to these efforts.
- Enterprise-wide Senior Leadership Communications – Ascension Technologies will have large programs that will need careful and coordinated communication with our senior leaders across the Ascension ministries (e.g., Application Rationalization). Will handle and orchestrate large program coordination, facilitation and communication.
- Commercialization/Growth (Solutions/Ministry Wide Functions) – Lead Solutions expansion to help Ascension and other organizations improve their performance.
What You Will Need
3+ years managing large accounts of complex organizations, preferred - having worked in healthcare, for a technology development and/or services company.
7+ years leading technology delivery for a complex organization or business unit.
7 years of experience required.
10 years of experience preferred.
5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a record of building trust-based relationships with business leaders, counseling them on broad ranging technology-related topics
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex organizations and build consensus on priorities
- Deep, intuitive understanding of technology trends and capabilities across commercial systems, digital technologies, analytics, and design
- Ability to build demand roadmaps and communicate priorities to central technology organizations
- Experience developing of technology business cases
- Track record of successfully working with customers to implement large-scale, complex technology systems (e.g., EHR, ERP platform) within their environment, minimizing disruption to business/clinical processes
- Experience leading cross-functional teams including clinicians, providers, patient care staff, consumers, engineers/software developers
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)