We Are Hiring
Sr. Specialist - Video Production
St. Louis, MO
Do you have experience in developing and producing videos, including shooting, editing, and producing? Do you enjoy travel? Then we want you! Come join a fast-paced team within our Marketing and Communication department!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As a Sr. Specialist - Video Production Associate you'll develop and produce (including scheduling, shooting, editing and sharing) Ascension videos to support Systemwide and Ascension Marketing and Communications (MarCom) efforts in various media. Videos will be used internally and externally, and formats may range from leadership messages; associate, patient and provider storytelling; broadcast/commercial quality content, ENG/news-style programming, special events, and/or other content to support Ascension initiatives, programs and events.
- Collaborates with MarCom video production team, colleagues and internal/external partners to plan and capture assets for use in ongoing video storytelling
- Shoots, edits and produces video content for Ascension System Office, ministries and subsidiaries
- Creates and manipulates graphic images, animations, sound, text, and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs in alignment with Ascension brand standards
- Provides collaborative guidance to Ascension video production partners and MarCom colleagues by advising on technical aspects of production and project planning (including pre-production logistics, onsite needs, post-production elements, etc.)
- Represents Ascension MarCom team in all interactions and builds relationships with colleagues and collaborators as trusted video partners within the Ascension
- Supports the creation of high-quality, visually appealing and brand-aligned video content to achieve Ascension strategic goals
- Provides technical support and ongoing development/maintenance of shared Ascension and video team resources including archival footage, b-roll library, music subscription, content management
- Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Bachelor's Level Degree (in communications, video production, journalism or related field) preferred.
- One year of experience required.
- Five years minimum of video production experience (news, agency or corporate) preferred.
- Five years minimum of videography and editing experience preferred.
- Proficiency with production equipment and software including but not limited to digital video camera and editing software (e.g. Adobe Premier Pro, FinalCut Pro and/or Avid) required; experience with Adobe Creative suite preferred
- Field producing and script writing experience preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Significant domestic travel (50-75%) will be required for production shoots and events
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)