Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Technologies leverages technology to create collaborative solutions that improve everyday health decisions. The technology enables seamless access to data across all applications transforming the customer experience when interacting with technology and enhancing our ability across Ascension to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. It is used to provide insightful use of automation and data-drive improvements to enhance the provider, patient and consumer experience as well as keeping cybersecruity with a strong posture to protect data and other valuable assets.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Technical Product Owner with Ascension Technologies, you will lead a development team and contribute to the creation of our robust suite of cloud-native enterprise applications in the rapidly growing healthcare software industry in Austin. You will be responsible for bridging the desires of the customer and the capabilities of technology by leading a development team to deliver software that sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
With more than 4,000 associates, Ascension Technologies enables access to data across applications, transforming how clinicians and patients interact with technology, which enhances our ability to better serve communities with greater agility and responsiveness. Our associates leverage technology to create collaborative solutions that improve health decisions every day. We believe you should be a tech founder not a fixer – that’s how we do tech at Ascension technologies. We are advocates for a compassionate and just society through our actions and our words, and we are developing software solutions to support that mission
- Lead and coordinate technical delivery within the team, building, fostering, and maintaining leading edge engineering practices
- Oversee the design and implementation for the overall architecture of the applications and services for which you are responsible
- Lead the team to implement a robust set of services and APIs to power digital products
- Identify business requirements and translate user stories into tasks for a plan of action within the team
- Oversee the development of reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the dev team follows standards and best practices for developing software
- Coordinate with the UX Designer to translate UI/UX elements from designer to visual elements
- Lead integration of front-end and back-end aspects of the application
- B.S in Computer Science, M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of professional software development experience with 2+ years of leadership or management experience
- Experience mentoring, coaching and developing rising talent on a development team
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and experience establishing guidelines in these areas for others
- Fluency in a high-level Object-oriented programming language (preferably Java) and strong knowledge of OOAD, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience working on a Scrum team participating in Agile ceremonies e.g. daily standups, backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprint demos/retrospectives
- Strong understanding of professional software engineering best practices for the full SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Openness to new ideas and an unceasing desire to learn new things
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, a positive mindset, and a collaborative spirit are a must have
- Experience designing and developing cloud-native, scalable, and highly available distributed systems
- Expertise in microservice architectural patterns and design
- Experience developing or leading teams creating mobile applications (iOs/Android)
- Expertise with TDD/BDD/DDD using JUnit, Cucumber etc.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases (MySql, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, etc), SQL, and database/schema design
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with message broker/event queue technologies (e.g. Rabbit, Kafka)
- Experience with CI/CD and modern build and deployment tools
- Experience with Atlassian tools: JIRA, Confluence, etc.
What You Will Need
High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required
B.S in Computer Science, M.S. in Computer Science, or a related technical discipline preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Technologies is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Ascension Technologies participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)