We Are Hiring
Associate & Occupational Health Director - National Opprortunity - Remote - Travel Required - Full-Time
Are you looking for an opportunity to do ground breaking National work in the healthcare industry? Do you have the passion to work in a culture where your work is valued and makes a meaningful impact on the lives of others? Join our Team!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate & Occupational Health Director with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to provide strategic leadership for Associate Health programs and support targeted goals as a component of the overall Risk Management model.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures surrounding associate health/safety, based on collection and analysis of risk related information.
- Develop materials to aid in education of leadership, staff and physicians on associate safety/risk management programs and their responsibilities to those programs.
- Oversee investigation, analysis and reporting of root causes, patterns, and trends that may result in compensatory or sentinel events, serious adverse events, and near misses.
- Assist with identification and implementation of corrective action(s) when deemed appropriate.
- Lead and direct post-associate injury/event services by overseeing/managing the Third Party Administrator to ensure that all performance targets, client service instructions and operational requirements are met.
- Plan, organize and direct all activities related to staffing, including hiring, orienting, evaluating and continuing education initiatives.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse. Licensure required relevant to state in which work is performed
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree preferred.
- 5 years of experience required.
- 10 years of experience preferred.
- 2 years of leadership or management experience required.
- 5 years of leadership or management experience preferred.
- Experience establishing occupational medicine programs
- Experience with establishing and negotiating fee structures for occupational medicine
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)