This job posting is no longer active.
We Are Hiring
Lead - Catering - Dietary 001 - PRN Days 4pm to 8pm 2 days a week - St Mary's Hospital - Amsterdam, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary’s Healthcare, based in Amsterdam, New York, provides a full range of outpatient services while featuring an award-winning acute care hospital, three Urgent Care Centers, multiple primary and pediatric health centers, specialty care including Cancer Medicine, Gastroenterology, OB-GYN, ENT, Surgical and Urology, inpatient and outpatient mental health services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned outstanding national rankings for excellence in medicine and patient safety.
St. Mary's Healthcare is part of Ascension, a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital - NY, you will have the opportunity to coordinate various activities related to catering requests.
- Schedules and confirms catering requests. Follows up on customer satisfaction. Assists with catering functions as needed.
- Communicates with staff regarding catering requests, assigns catering tasks as needed.
- Prepares monthly reports and billing for internal and external customers.
- Prepares cash receipts and deposits for externally catered events. Maintains centralized cash register system.
What You Will Need
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Food Service Professional credentialed from the ServSafe National Restaurant Association.
Education & Work Experience:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
- 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Mary’s Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
State and Federal laws prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Mary's Healthcare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.