We Are Hiring
Title: RN-Registered Nurse
Location: Seton Northwest Hospital
Department: Hospital Float Pool
(Med Surg, ICU, ED, Mother Baby, Labor & Delivery)
Shift: FULL TIME Night
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God’s unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Our Mission & Purpose:
- Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide everything we do at Ascension. They are foundational to our work to transform healthcare and express our priorities when providing care and services, particularly to those most in need
- Ascension associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It’s an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients so we can provide holistic care that treats the whole person: body, mind and spirit. Our innovative approach impacts and influences the community that we serve.
- Not only is Ascension focused on transforming healthcare in the US, we are also committed to the health and wellbeing of people in developing countries. By joining our team – you are joining a global movement to care for those in need.
- Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
Benefits / Rewards / Career Development
- Wellbeing Programs: Transforming healthcare starts with taking care of our associates. We know our associates are busy and on the go. We provide our team resources and tools to help them proactively manage their physical, spiritual, and emotional wellbeing.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we care for the people who are the foundation of our work to fulfill our mission: our associates. We offer a comprehensive benefit package inclusive of medical, dental, vision, retirement, and generous PTO. Associates can also take advantage of other great benefits like tuition reimbursement or adoption assistance.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
- Relational Environment: Ascension provides a community of colleagues who listen with openness to their own experiences and the experiences of others. Working together and sharing experiences builds dedication to each other and our mission.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage a diversity of talent and thought; while offering the support of a multidisciplinary team. We work to build teams that respect each other. A team that respects each other feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
- Environment of Quality: At Ascension, we continually focus on quality measures that impact patient outcomes. As part of an integrated system, our hospitals are designed to treat patients in the care setting most appropriate to their condition.
- Culture of Service: We provide opportunities for Ascension associates to serve in their local communities through our community impact and Medical Missions at Home programs. Just last year, Ascension provided over 1.8 billion dollars in free healthcare to the poor and vulnerable through these initiatives.
- Culture of Creativity: Associates at Ascension are encouraged to courageously innovate. Working together and thinking outside of the box - that’s how we are transforming healthcare.
- A Place of Reverence: Working at Ascension is more than a job – it’s a ministry. Our ministry offers a place where we have deep respect and compassion for the dignity of all, and it starts with our associates.
- Culture of Advocacy: Ascension is a place that advocates for a compassionate and just society in everything we do. Our associates are encouraged to reflect this through word and deed.
- Appreciation for Diversity: At Ascension, we recognize that our workforce should reflect the diversity of those we serve. We offer a place of respect and inclusion for all associates. Respect and inclusion feels good. We are on a mission to help people feel good, patients and associates.
We provide Our Nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don’t get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care
- Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we’re implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Seton, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's care needs with members of the healthcare team.
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None Required
- 1 Year Preferred Technical experience
- 1 Year Preferred Registered Nurse experience
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.