We Are Hiring
Physician, Pediatric Palliative Care - Full-Time - Ascension Dell Children's - Austin, TX
Why Join Ascension?
As a member of Ascension Seton, DCMCCT is a 248-bed children’s hospital serving 46-counties. The only freestanding pediatric facility in the region with a Level I pediatric trauma center, Level IV epilepsy center and Level IV neonatal intensive care unit, DCMCCT’s mission is to be a center of excellence for children’s health with a strong alliance of expert personnel, facilities and other specialty resources. Seton offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings plans.
What You Will Do
- Serve as Section Chief for a well-established interdisciplinary pediatric palliative care program (1.5 MDs, RN, social worker, chaplain & PNP)
- Inpatient consults for growing tertiary-care children's hospital
- Outpatient clinic consults, telemedicine visits & prenatal consults
- Program well-integrated with a community hospice. Provide consultative management for pediatric hospice patients.
- Affiliated with UT Dell Seton Medical School (opportunity for affiliate & full faculty appointments)
- Curriculum development opportunity due to supervision of pediatric palliative rotations for pediatric residents, medical students & adult palliative fellows
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Physician MD/DO credentialed from the Texas Medical Board .
- Board Certified in Pediatrics and Board Eligible in Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) required.
- 2+ years of pediatric palliative care and/or another primary clinical discipline preferred
- Experience in education, leadership, program development, quality improvement or research is desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family’s goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.