We Are Hiring
Nursing Manager - Surgical Services - Full-Time, Days - St. Vincent Health - Evansville, IN
Why Join Ascension?
St. Vincent, part of Ascension, is a nonprofit, faith-based health system that is guided by our mission to provide compassionate, personalized care, especially for those who are vulnerable. St. Vincent is one of Indiana’s largest employers with 22 ministries serving 57 counties in central and southern Indiana. Our 134-year-old health system includes a wide range of services including cardiovascular care, women’s and children’s health, neurosciences, cancer care, orthopedics, bariatrics, primary care, emergency medicine, imaging, general surgery and long-term acute care.
Why Join the St. Vincent Family?
- A Passionate Team: St. Vincent associates are leaders who follow their heart. We give, grow, connect and provide care; together as a team we are committed to our mission of serving the poor and vulnerable.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- More Than a Job: Working for St. Vincent is more than just a job. It’s a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community.
- Leadership Development: We know that the development of our associates is key to our mission of providing the best care possible to those we serve. We have various in-depth leadership programs to meet you where you are on your career journey.
What You Will Do
As a Nursing Services Manager-Surgical Services you will manage activities, workflow and nursing resources of St. Vincent inpatient surgical services and operating rooms. This is a succession planning position providing a great opportunity for significant mentorship and training under current experienced leadership.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation requirements for self and within unit.
- Conduct hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of patient care services for the assigned unit(s). Develop and implement policies and procedures to guarantee efficient and effective delivery of health services.
- Monitor and adhere to budget. Approve or monitor expenditures, purchases and other actions to ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date. American Red Cross Professional CPR/AED Rescuer accepted during onboarding
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Indiana Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing with experience required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing by hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Qualification: Master's Degree in Nursing.
- Three years of experience directly supervising staff within a clinical setting with preferred three years of OR experience.
- Preferred CNOR certification.
- The ideal candidate must possess strong leadership skills, confidence and experience with daily physician interaction.
- This candidate must be a patient advocate, able to point out safety concerns, and be an effective communicator.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)